Gourmet Baked Potato Fundraiser
Have you tried this fundraiser for Resident Council?
Set up a baked potato bar for staff, residents and family to enjoy. And sell some yummy comfort food on a cold winter day. Of course, follow infection control procedures according to dietary department protocols.
First, the BEST way to bake a potato.
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash, dry and rub russet potatoes with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, turning occasionally, until tender and easily pierced with a paring knife, 65 to 75 minutes.
Then, set up a topping buffet with gourmet toppings such as these:
- Vegetarian- Canned chickpeas drained and sautéed with turmeric, cumin & garlic, Greek yogurt
- Cheeseburger- Ground beef with onion and garlic, shredded cheddar and diced tomato
- Pepperoni Pizza- Pepperoni, grated mozzarella and grated parmesan
- Spicy Salad- Arugula, sour cream and crumbled bacon
- Salsa Style- Ground beef with taco seasoning, shredded cheddar, salsa and chopped cilantro
- Italian Stallion- Italian sausage, bell peppers and onions and grated parmesan
- Chili and Cheese- Mexican blend cheese, cilantro and chopped scallions
- BLT- Crisp cooked bacon, chopped tomato and shredded lettuce
- Garlic Blue Cheese- Sour cream, blue cheese, chopped garlic and rosemary
- Greek Delight- Artichokes, black olives and lemon zest