A one-day Alzheimer’s and Dementia Seminar can be coordinated as a workshop or pre-conference, a perfect opportunity for your organization or association to improve care and life for people living with dementia.
Michele Nolta is a Certified Dementia Practitioner Instructor with the National Certification Council for Dementia Practitioners. Her day-long Dementia Seminar is designed for anyone who cares for persons with dementia in any setting: personal homes, community living centers, assisted living residences or nursing homes. The seminar is the required class for those pursuing certification as a certified dementia practitioner with NCCDP. By completion of this session the learner will be able to:
- Apply for National Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) certification (please check NCCDP website for qualification tracks and standards)
- Strengthen person-centered care skills
- Gain techniques for improved communication
- Help individuals at all stages of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in more effective ways
- Identify effective modifications for activities and the environment
- Use person-centered interventions for aggressive and catastrophic reactions
Contact RTC to hear how we can work together to offer this training.